Friday, August 24, 2012

The Golden Dog

Today I decided that I'd like to feature a poem that my brother wrote, I was impressed by it, and really enjoyed it.  A great poem for a fourteen-year-old (in my opinion).  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did n_n

The Golden Dog
by Paul Jolley

I

The breathing of a wonderful dog fades as his lungs collapse.
I anxiously watch to see if he’ll pass.

The father said, “it is time”, like the ring of a chime.
Is it over? Is it over? I thought in despair.

And how could it be? The friendly retriever,
Who snuggled and cuddled and played by the tree.

II

I’ll never forget when my dog passed away.
When he shivered and quivered right there next to me.

At the age of twelve the dog lied on floor.
Not taken to the pound, but to suffer on the ground.

A growing tumor in his hip, caused paralysis.
Palmer could no longer walk, it broke my heart, I could not talk.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Ponder © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates